Responding if a
If you have detected the signs that a leak may have occurred, you
should take the following actions
- Leave the leak area immediately. Walk into the wind away from
possible hazardous fumes.
- Do not touch, breath or make contact with leaking liquids.
- Do not light a match, start an engine, use a telephone (even
a cell phone), switch on/off light switches or do anything that
may create a spark.
- From a safe location, call 9-1-1 or your local emergency response
number and the pipeline company. Call collect, if needed, and
give your name, phone number, a description of the leak and its
- Warn others.
- Do not drive into a leak or vapor cloud area.